(FLASH TECHNIQUE and EGO STATE PARTS/INTERNAL FAMILY SYSTEMS THERAPY INCLUDED)
The traditional model of weekly psychotherapy is shifting to meet your needs. Now more than ever, we need flexibility in how we get support.
- Perhaps you’ve had a felt sense that something profound has yet to change, but you’re not quite sure how to shift all the way into a new experience of yourself with your current therapist. Maybe you now cognitively understand new things, yet your body is still confused, so you’re curious about how ADJUNCT EMDR THERAPY can help.
- Perhaps you’ve been meaning to get into weekly therapy for a while now, but your schedule has been so hectic and demanding that a weekly therapy appointment feels more overwhelming than supportive.
- Perhaps you’re needing help —- and a lot of it—- right now, and you don’t want to spend months in the traditional weekly model of therapy treatment to feel better.
EMDR intensives support the busy parent with kids doing virtual learning, the working professional who has more on their plate than time allows, or the client who needs help now. Whatever the reason that weekly sessions just won’t work for you, EMDR intensives are available to support you during times you need help the most.
I offer EMDR intensives for my current clients when they are needing extra support, as well as new clients who prefer to work intensively.
EMDR is for trauma and eliminating maladaptive coping (over eating, over doing anything...). It is also used for performance enhancement to excel in areas such as athletics, business, and relationships.
EMDR intensives are personalized treatment plans that allow you to skip the waitlist by giving you faster access to PREMIUM spots, and are designed to support your preferred schedule and timeline for your treatment goals. THEY ARE SIMILAR TO BUYING A FAST PASS AT DISNEYLAND. MUCH MORE IN DEPTH CHANGE THERAPY IS INCLUDED IN A SHORT TIME PERIOD. AN HOUR OF AN INTENSIVE IS OFTEN EQUIVALENT TO 2 TO 3, 45 MIN WEEKLY SESSIONS. SEE THE FAQ PAGE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FLASH TECHNIQUE INCLUDED.
Research on intensive EMDR therapy is positive
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Intensive EMDR treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- The economy is compelling: even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time, because of time not spent on a) checking in at the beginning of each session, b) addressing current crises and concerns, c) focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing, or d) assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of the session. Learn more here.
YOUR EMDR INTENSIVE INCLUDES:
- Pre-consultation interview (75 MIN) to assess for candidacy, review history, as well as target unpleasant beliefs, body sensations, emotions, or images from which you are seeking relief, and develop specific goals
- Personalized treatment workbook, which allows you to work on your treatment goals before, during, and after our EMDR intensive sessions. This counts as one non-contact hour. It is optional after the first Intensive is concluded.
- A customized treatment program with targeted treatment goals. An Intensive is often in half day portions -3 hour sessions per half day. Clients can purchase their own tappers. This is needed for virtual sessions.
- Post-treatment interview (75 Minutes) to assess and support your adaption to positive changes from treatment.
- Current Intensive Therapy options, in addition to the above workbook and interviews, include: Half-day (Days vary, 3 hours long); OR, Two half-day (Friday afternoon-Saturday morning), includes 6 therapy contact hours. Rates are available on the FAQ page.
Ongoing intensive EMDR is available if you are wanting long-term support
towards several treatment goals.
If you are interested in an Intensive, please contact me by email to answer your questions or set up a free 15-minute consultation. Please read the FAQ page first, to make sure we are a fit.